Daniel M. Paperny, BA (Hons), JD, Partner
Daniel was named as a Partner at WEL Partners in September of 2020. Daniel joined WEL Partners as an Associate lawyer in September of 2018. Prior to joining WEL Partners, Daniel practised estate litigation at a large law firm in downtown Vancouver, BC where he focused on estate litigation, commercial litigation and insurance litigation. Daniel has appeared at the BC Supreme Court, the BC Court of Appeal and the BC Provincial Court.
Daniel obtained his B.A. from the University of Toronto in 2011 and his Juris Doctor from the Univiersity of British Columbia in 2014. Daniel was called to the British Columbia Bar in September of 2015 and called to the Ontario Bar in September of 2018.
Daniel is a regular speaker for the Ontario Bar Association and Elder Abuse Prevention Ontario, presenting on a number of estate-related topics including the importance of making a will, up-to-date estate planning, powers of attorney and the prevalence of elder abuse in Canada and ways in which it can be prevented and remedied.
Daniel is a member-at-large on the OBA’s executive committee for Sole Small Firm and General Practice Section, and a member of the Trial Lawyer’s Association of Ontario and the Advocates Society.
Daniel is passionate about estate litigation and recognizes the crucial importance of this time in the lives of his clients. By utilizing technical skill, teamwork and compassion, Daniel seeks to alleviate the difficulties and stresses that often accompany litigation, toward achieving optimal results for clients. Daniel is always looking for innovative ways in which to reach solutions for his client, while at all times remaining mindful of the value, costs and pressures of litigation.
When not practicing law, Daniel enjoys running, cycling and spending time outdoors with his wife, daughter and their pet Chihuahua.
Latest Blog Posts
- WEL on the Street: Inside Britney Spears’ ‘Toxic’ Guardianship War
- WEL on the Street: Football Family Feud
- Estates in the News: Football Family Feud
- The UTRA: Protecting Society’s Vulnerable from “Unconscionable Transactions”
- L.T. v. D.T. Estate: B.C. Court of Appeal on Posthumous Use of Reproductive Material
- Inside Britney’s ‘Toxic’ Guardianship War
- The Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of British Columbia
- The Advocates' Society
- Trial Lawyer’s Association (TLA)
- Member-at-Large, OBA Sole Small Firm General Practice Executive