Albert H. Oosterhoff, Firm Counsel
Albert H. Oosterhoff, Professor Emeritus, Faculty of Law at Western University, has taught at the University of Windsor and Western University in the areas of Wills, Trusts, and Property Law. He taught Trusts for a number of years as an Adjunct Professor at the University of Toronto. He also held positions as Associate and Acting Dean at Western.
Professor Oosterhoff has been in private practice and has written numerous articles, comments and books in the areas of Wills, Estates, Trusts, and Property Law.
Author of many publications, including Oosterhoff on Trusts: Text, Commentary and Materials (8th edition), Oosterhoff on Wills and Succession (now in its 7th edition). He served as an Associate Editor of the Dominion Law Reports, the Canadian Criminal Cases and the Ontario Reports for many years. He has also served as Editor in Chief of the Estates, Trusts and Pension Journal.
Professor Oosterhoff is widely respected for his extensive knowledge in this practice area.
As counsel to WEL Partners, Professor Oosterhoff will consult on matters within his areas of expertise, providing Opinions concerning Wills, Estates, Trusts and related property matters.
Latest Blog Posts
- Welcome Amendments to Ontario’s Succession Law Reform Act
- Inheritance on Intestacy
- Missing Case - Grassing v. Riley, 2020 MBQB 34
- Yet Another May-December Marriage
- Application of Cy-près Doctrine to Charitable Gift
- The Uniform Benevolent and Community Crowdfunding Act
- The Law Society of Upper Canada (since 1966)
- The Canadian Bar Association
- The Ontario Bar Association
- The Ontario Bar Association – Wills and Trusts section
- The National Initiative for the Care of the Elderly