Oliver O'Brien, LLM, Student
Oliver joined WEL Partners in October of 2022. Oliver holds a Masters in Law from University College London, a Qualifying Law Degree from the University of Kent (United Kingdom) and has recently completed his Legal Practice Course from the University of Law, London.
Whilst in London, Oliver was a regular volunteer at the Marylebone soup kitchen which served as a place for shelter, food and community to London’s homeless and elderly. Working with vulnerable isolated people was an enriching experience and exposed him to the complex challenges that they face. This reinforced his passion for effective legal practice and its role in helping people resolve personal challenges.
Oliver has a particular interest in wills and estates, as well as the relationship between law and medical ethics, including end-of-life decisions, capacity and consent. Legal areas that play an important role in family life.
He believes in the power of mediation and communication as a means for successful dispute resolution and is confident in his ability to helps clients navigate the sometimes complex world of law and legal practice.
In his spare time, Oliver enjoys playing sports, travelling, volunteering and reading history.
Latest Blog Posts
- WEL Capacity Series – An Introduction to Capacity Assessments
- Toronto Star Announces New Journalism in Ageing Fellowship
- When a Court Will Order a Capacity Assessment
- Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre Issue Guidance to Seniors On How to Recognise And Report Fraud
- Wills, Fraud and Forgery: Police Officer and Ex-Employee of the PGT Found Guilty Of Defrauding Estate Of $800,000
- Estates, Copyright and The Lord Of The Rings