Nima Hojjati, BA (Hons), JD
Nima is a Partner at WEL Partners. He practises primarily in estate, trust, and capacity litigation at both the trial and appellate level. Nima is also experienced in mental health and constitutional law.
Prior to joining WEL Partners in 2022, Nima practised at a litigation boutique where he gained extensive experience in professional liability, appellate litigation, and constitutional challenges. As a member of Legal Aid Ontario’s mental health panel, Nima appeared regularly before the Consent and Capacity Board.
Nima graduated from Queen’s University Faculty of Law in 2017. At Queen’s Law, he was the President of the Law Students’ Society, and he was awarded the course prize in negotiations and the Gavel Award for his contributions to student affairs. Prior to attending law school, Nima studied political theory and Mandarin at McGill University. Since 2018, Nima has been the Chair of the Law Society of Ontario’s Equity Advisory Group.
Nima is fluent in French and Farsi and he continues working on his Mandarin and Japanese.
- The Law Society of Ontario
- Mental Health Legal Committee
Latest Blog Posts
- Barriers to Challenging a Will During Life
- Stay of Proceedings for Access to Privileged Information in Litigation
- Litigation Tips - How to Hyperlink in Caselines
- The Standard of Review for Procedural Fairness in Statutory Appeals: A Case Review of Law Society of Saskatchewan v. Abrametz
- The Presumption that a Will Speaks from Death: A Case Review of VanSickle Estate v. VanSickle
- Procedural Fairness at the Consent and Capacity Board