Rebecca Betel, MA, JD, Lawyer
Rebecca joined WEL Partners as a Lawyer in October of 2021. Prior to joining WEL Partners, Rebecca articled at a full-service law firm in downtown Toronto where she gained extensive experience in wills, trusts, estates and litigation.
Rebecca obtained her B.A. from York University in 2012, her M.A. from the University of Ottawa in 2016 and her J.D. from Western University in 2019. Rebecca was called to the Ontario Bar in June of 2020.
Throughout her time at law school, Rebecca competed in numerous oral advocacy competitions where she consistently placed as a top participant. Additionally, during law school, Rebecca worked at a free legal clinic where she assisted local residents with their estate plans and power of attorney documents.
Rebecca believes that lawyers are uniquely positioned to help their clients. She understands that estate matters can be deeply personal, and aims to help her clients navigate the often complex legal landscape of estate litigation.
When she’s not in the office, Rebecca can be found spending time with her family and working on her indoor garden.
- The Law Society of Ontario
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Junior Trusts and Estates Practitioners (JTEP)
Latest Blog Posts
- When Heading to the Court of Appeal is Not So ‘Appealing’
- First Comes Love, Then Comes Marriage: Capacity to Marry, Separate and Divorce
- Local Lawyer Takes Her Vegas Vows?
- Case Review: Pinard et al v. Gilchrist et al
- Unascertained Beneficiaries & Benjamin Orders: Guidance from Stoyan v. Johnson